October 16, 2002

Minor changes in XSLT-based RSS aggregator

Weblogs | XSLT

This evening I've changed the format of the subscriptions file in the XSLT-based RSS aggregator to include both the URL of the site and its RSS feed. I found several Weblogs which don't have RSS feeds.

Since I switched to NetNewsWire for reading the news, I no longer need to aggregate news on the main page. Instead I now generate the list of subscriptions at the right of each page using this XSLT stylesheet. Quite fun!

To solve the problem of the RSS2 variable namespace, I think a good solution is to have the main stylesheet automatically generate another stylesheet which uses the RSS feed's namespace as default namespace. This will avoid using ugly hacks like local-name() and other oddities in the XSLT aggregator stylesheet. More on this later.

Posted by ovidiu at October 16, 2002 01:59 AM |
Copyright © 2002-2016 Ovidiu Predescu.